7/16/2013-The Ruidoso Osos were one of the six original Pecos League Teams. It was just two years ago the Osos were battling White Sands and Roswell for a Pecos League Championship. The Osos played at White Mountain Park in Ruidoso for one season the 2011 season. The Osos had a great local following from fans and a great group of players. The Osos made it to the third game of the Championship Series against Roswell.
Without beer or the installation of lights the Village of Ruidoso knew it would not be possible for the Osos to play in 2012. Here is where some of the Osos are now:
- Kevin Griffin was the hitting coach for the Amarillo Sox of the American Association in 2012.
- Billy Page was the head football coach for Magdalena New Mexico High School
- Joel Carranza-Spent beginning of 2012 season with Washington Wild Things of Frontier League before settling in Alpine. Was on Alpine’s 2012 Championship Team and recently won the 2013 Pecos League Home Run Derby.
- Eddie Browne-Spent the entire 2012 season in North American League with San Angelo and Abilene.
- Chris Davis-Spent 2012 season with Alpine
- Sam DiMatteo-Currently everyday outfielder with Trinidad Triggers
- Alex Fernandez-in 2013 Pitched for McAllen in United League
- Ben Gorang-Got called up to Quebec City of Can-Am League and finished the season with New York Federals
- Jason Hyland-played 2012 season split between Santa Fe and White Sands. Hyland has the best playoff run in Pecos League history and carried the Osos in 2011.
- Mike Jackson Jr.-pitched for Las Cruces in 2012, pitched for Hawaii in Pacific Association in 2013.
- Leo Madrid-pitched for McAllen, Edinburg and Alexandria in the United League in 2013
- Case Rigby-Rigby was the face of Osos. Case played for the Gateway Grizzles of the Frontier League in 2012 and the Abilene Prairie Dogs of 2012. He also played for White Sands in 2013.